As the holidays are fast approaching, it is a good time to start being mindful and planning ahead by incorporating and maintaining some healthy habits whether going to a small family gathering or hosting a few friends at your place during the holiday season.
A good idea of finding healthy ways to prepare for this upcoming holiday season can start with following these simple “7 Staying Healthy Tips through the Holiday Season” below so that you and those you spend time with can be sure to enjoy and still feel great!
1. Drink water first – it will help you to feel full, this helps to drink less “alcohol” and eat less.
2. Choose veggies first – always fill your plates with veggies first and more veggies before adding any of the other choices.
3. Don’t go hungry – Eat before going to a gathering for example a small portion of fresh veggies and a lean protein source like organic eggs will help to avoid being too hungry or starving and to make better choices. If you are hosting or going to a potluck make the veggie dish!
4. Make a plan of a few “fun foods” you will choose. Choosing a piece of holiday cake or ice cream and planning to stick with only a couple of fun foods can help you stay on track over the holidays and into the New Year! There is a saying “if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.”
5. Be mindful and listen to your body and ask yourself are you hungry for more? If no, simply enjoy sipping on water or stick with a few light snacks like some fruit.
6. Be committed 100%, once you make the decisions, you will notice that it is easier than you originally thought!
7. Be very protective of your sleep as it controls hunger, appetite, satiety and it helps keep your metabolism working well.
As you follow some or all of these seven healthy tips for the holiday season, include this special time of year to be a time to relax and enjoy and let your gift of being present be the best gift to share with all the ones you love. Happy Holidays!
Connect with Floriana for more healthy tips and how to start living a more balanced life. With over a decade of experience in the field of health and wellness, she hopes to share some of her knowledge with you today.
Floriana has an amazing blog. I’ve been following her articles for about two months. What I like about her is that she shares knowledge of how to improve your body and balance your life, and mental health; even if you think you are ok. She’s helped me understand myself better and make more time for myself, which has made my days more productive.
More from Floriana Urbisci
Floriana Urbisci R.N.C.P.
Floriana is a Registered Nutritional Health Practitioner, Herbalist and Certified Personal Trainer, as well as a member of the International Organization of Nutritional Consultants (IONC) and Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner (ROHP).
Floriana specializes in weight loss, digestive disorders, emotional and mental health disorders She is passionate and enjoys helping others to achieve and maintain their health goals.
She became interested in holistic health after overcoming her own personal health challenges with obesity and severe depression.